Hi tea lovers!
We all love tea here (or at least like it), so did you ever wonder if there were any extra bonuses that we get from drinking tea a lot or frequently? Well if you’re thinking about it now there are! A lot of people also know that tea can be good for you, but just don’t know exactly what the specific benefits are. After reading a bunch of different articles, within books about tea and just info from the interwebs, all tea seems to be good for you. So the benefits that I’m going to point out will be in regards to all tea, not just specific types. All tea comes from the same plant, so its composition is relatively the same.
- Antioxidants galore! All kinds of tea have antioxidants in them which make it super good for you. They are basically like a kick-ass way to prevent disease and keep you healthy throughout your life.
- Keepin’ them pearly whites white! Many people think that drinking tea, especially black tea, will make your teeth brown and stained. However, on the contrary tea actually contains fluoride which helps keep your teeth nice and white, and also helps prevent stinky bad breath!
- Hydration! Even though tea does contain caffeine, it still adds to our overall hydration throughout the day. A recent study found that regardless of the caffeine, you still can get the overall fluid requirements by drinking beverages such as tea. Just don’t drink 6-7 cups of caffeinated beverages at a time, and you’ll going with the flow.
- Immune system armor! It had been proven that if you drink tea regularly it can help build a strong immune system which helps fight against the stupid head colds that just put a damper on your whole week.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and cancer! These are some big ones that claim the lives of people every day. However, drinking tea can help decrease the risk of these problems. Tea works really well by keeping your arteries nice and clear from gross crap the clogs them up increasing the rise of heart attack and a stroke. Though the studies of tea protecting you from getting cancer are inconclusive, numerous studies have shown a high percentage of people who drink 2-3 cups of tea a day are less likely to get cancer.
If those aren’t enough reasons to keep drinking tea, then I don’t know where your taste buds are! I’m just teasing 🙂 Hope everyone is having a good week so far, and stay warm out there!